Here are some thoughts on the video above.
- That guy is so cool.
- In fiction, umbrellas are occasionally reimagined as weapons. The Penguin, a villain from the Batman comics, uses an assortment of umbrellas containing firearms or hidden blades.
- Seriously, though, that guy is so cool.
- Umbrellas can secretly be deadly weapons, even in real life. Beware.
- The guy in the video wields a pair of umbrellas in the manner of hook swords: weapons used in certain styles of Chinese martial arts. The tips of hook swords are curved. When hooked, both swords can be wielded one-handed in the manner of nunchaku. Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of my favorite shows, introduced me to hook swords.
- Brooms and shirts on hangers also make great weapons, apparently. Who knew?
This brave warrior is truly an inspiration to us all.