This is not a Serious Post. I wrote a Serious Post last time. Nah, today’s post is silly. These days of strife and political uncertainty call for a little comic relief, and TMTF is ready to answer that clarion call. Silliness is my beat.
Today I’ll share nine predictions of what Donald Trump will do as President of the United States. Please note that my jabs at Mr. Trump are all in good fun, and not meant to be taken as serious political commentary. I believe it’s important to respect our leaders whether or not we agree with them. That said, I also believe in the importance of humor, especially in difficult times. I found some cheer in writing this post, and I hope you find some cheer in reading it.
Here are my predictions for Donald Trump’s first actions as President of the United States.
(If you’re reading this, Mr. President, please don’t deport me.)
- In addition to building a wall along the Mexican border, Trump will build a wall between the US and Canada, “just to be safe.”
- Trump will make Official Donald Trump Wigs™ not only available to the American public, but mandatory. Now you can sport Trump’s iconic hairdo! What a privilege!
- Trump will ban anime: “I love Japan—nobody loves Japan more than me—but anime is taking away jobs from our American animators. We make the best animation in the world. We don’t need anime. Anime is watering down America. We need to make animation great again. And anime is just weird, just really weird. Those Pokémonsters and giant robots—unhinged, really unhinged. No more anime. Let’s keep America safe.”
- As compensation for C.S. Lewis’s blatant plagiarism of the Trump name for one of his own characters, Trumpkin the dwarf, Trump will demand royalties for all copies sold of The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Trump’s likeness will replace the current pictures of famous Americans on all existing denominations of US currency.
- By decree of Trump, all American manuscripts of historical significance will be subjected to a barrage of painstaking examinations and scientific tests: “There’s a map hidden on the back of the Declaration of Independence. I know there is; I saw it in a documentary this one time. There’s a treasure map, and that treasure belongs to the American people. It’s a travesty, a total travesty, that nobody’s found it yet.”
- Trump will decree that all seasonal autumn flavors must be renamed Trumpkin Spice. (I must give due credit to Lauren Faust on Twitter for this one.)
- Trump will deport everyone except himself, his family, and his personal staff, reducing the US population to dozens. Overpopulation solved, baby.
- Trump will commission the construction of a national monument for himself. It will be orange.
God bless America. We’re going to need it.
I missed the serious post, so I had to go read it now (been sick, sorry). This one certainly made me laugh. I myself am not too concerned about what he will do, as human history has lived through worse and taught lessons for the ages, but it was still fun to smile. 🙂
The comforting thing is that I’ve seen far better words and thoughts from President Elect Trump than I ever did from Candidate Trump or even Reality TV Trump. It’s for sure a step in the right direction.
I’m not so concerned for The Future of Our Nation as for the groups whom Trump’s administration might harm or neglect. America will (probably) survive President Trump, but that won’t excuse any injustices from his administration.
I suppose we’ll see what happens. In the meantime, I admit, I enjoyed poking fun at him. 😛